If you’ve got some scrap gold you’re looking to sell, you’ll want to ensure you get the best price for it. Without being an expert gold valuer, how will you know you’re getting a fair deal for your scrap gold?
Whether you’ve inherited a collection of antique gold coins or have stumbled upon forgotten jewellery in your attic, knowing the value of your scrap gold is important to selling it at the right price, ensuring you get the best possible deal.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of selling your scrap gold for the best price, including:
- What gold items you can sell (and what items you can’t)
- How to sell your scrap gold
- FAQs around scrap gold prices
What do we buy?
Before we go into how to sell your scrap gold, it’s firstly important to decipher what gold items you can and can’t sell.
At Cash4Gold-Now, you can sell any items containing substantial amounts of gold, including jewellery, watches, gold coins and other types of scrap gold or metals.
Jewellery & watches
If you’ve got unwanted, old, broken or inherited gold jewellery for sale, we’ll gladly take a look at exchanging your gold for cash. We buy any gold jewellery, including watches and jewellery with gemstones.
We also take into account the value of certain diamonds in your jewellery. If you have gold jewellery containing diamonds of a substantial size (over 0.25 ct), the additional value of the diamonds will be added to the value of your gold.
Does your jewellery contain gemstones not meeting these criteria? Don’t worry: smaller gemstones and diamonds can be removed and sent back to you.
Gold jewellery we buy:
Gold coins are a sought-after investment and collector’s item that can receive a high return when sold for cash. If it’s time to sell your gold coins, Cash4Gold-Now is happy to accept all types of conventional gold coins at a competitive price.
Gold coins we buy:
- American Eagles
- Canadian Maples
‘Scrap gold’ refers to any unwanted pieces of gold or gold jewellery, including broken items. Whether it’s a broken chain, odd earrings or discarded dental gold, Cash4Gold-Now is happy to accept any piece of scrap gold. We always strive to offer you the fairest possible price for old and unwanted gold items of all varieties.
Scrap gold we buy:
- Broken chains
- Rings with missing stones
- Odd earrings
- Gold watches (working or broken)
- Dental gold for teeth or fillings
- Any unwanted pieces of gold and gold jewellery. If your gold item isn’t mentioned here specifically, please feel free to get in touch to confirm if you can sell your scrap gold.
You can sell other precious metals aside from gold at Cash4Gold-Now. With over 50 years of experience, we’re experts in the valuation, purchase and sale of a wide range of precious metals.
Whatever scrap precious metal you have, we’d be glad to value your item to give you the best possible price.
Metals we buy:
What don’t we buy?
At Cash4Gold-Now, we buy and sell a wide range of gold jewellery, scrap gold items and precious metals. However, there are a few limitations to this.
We are currently unable to buy any of the following:
- Silver jewellery
- Costume jewellery
- Rolled gold
- Gold-plated jewellery
- Copper coins
- Foreign currency
If you are unsure about whether you can sell your scrap gold or metal, please feel free to get in touch. Our team of expert valuers will be happy to help.
How to sell your scrap gold
Selling your scrap gold with Cash4Gold-Now is easy. Here’s our straightforward postage process for selling your scrap gold in just a few simple steps:
- Order a free seller’s pack to your address by filling in a gold valuation form. You can access the gold valuation form by clicking ‘order free gold selling pack’ on our website.
- Once your seller’s pack arrives, put your gold in the pack alongside the form.
- Send the pack back to us in the post. Our packs are all pre-paid, tracked and insured by Royal Mail, ensuring no harm will come to your gold in transit. Be sure to keep your proof of postage receipt in a safe place.
- Once we receive your pack, we’ll weigh and value your gold and will be in touch with our offer. Unlike online cash-for-gold calculators that provide misleading prices, we take a different approach. We believe in offering you the highest scrap gold price possible, so we assess the value of your items individually rather than relying on daily gold spot prices.
- If you accept our offer, we’ll pay you via your preferred method within 24 hours. Payment options are:
- Direct (BACS) bank transfer: Your payment is transferred straight into your bank account once you’ve accepted our offer. Most UK banks now operate under the ‘Faster Payments System’, meaning that funds reach customer accounts the same day payment is issued.
BACS payments are processed free of charge.
- Cash payments: For security, we send cash using Royal Mail Special Delivery. For this payment method, we charge £9.00 to cover postage and handling fees.
- PayPal: If you have a PayPal account, we can transfer your payment directly to your PayPal account.
- Cheque: We offer the option of receiving payment via cheque. Upon acceptance of our offer, we can issue a cheque payment sent to your provided address.
If you have any questions about how to sell your scrap gold, feel free to contact us via email, telephone or post:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (+44) 0207 118 1848
- Postal address: 63 / 66 Hatton Garden, Fifth Floor, Suite 23, London, EC1N 8LE
FAQs on gold scrap prices
Now you know more about what kind of gold and precious metals you can sell and how simple the selling process is, let’s delve a little deeper into gold scrap prices.
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions on selling gold and gold scrap prices, including how gold is valued and weighed, and what kind of gold is worth the most.
How is scrap gold weighed?
At Cash4Gold-Now, we always follow industry best practices to accurately assess the weight of your scrap gold. This includes video recording the gold weighing process for security purposes.
Our gold-weighing process goes as follows:
- On receipt of your selling pack of gold, we carefully unpack the contents, checking and itemising it on the valuation form you submitted with your pack.
- Our professional valuation team tests your gold to ascertain its purity. This involves cleaning, weighing and testing your gold to confirm its fineness and karat.
- Your gold is passed to a senior valuer who thoroughly assesses each piece for weight and purity to assure total valuation accuracy.
- The senior valuer then contacts you with our valuation offer based on the gold’s purity, weight, quantity and current days fix prices.
- If you accept our offer, your cash will be transferred by your chosen payment method within 24 hours. If you don’t accept our offer, your gold will be posted back to you free of charge.
What scrap has the most gold?
When it comes to what scrap item contains the most gold, the answer is actually computer parts.
Gold is used in a wide range of scrap items, not just jewellery and coins. This includes the production of electronic devices and appliances. As computers have gold in their circuit boards, motherboards, integrated circuits, contacts and pins, they contain more gold than any other scrap item.
How do you calculate scrap weight?
The best way to calculate the scrap weight of your gold is by using a jeweller’s scale. A jeweller’s scale provides a more accurate reading than typical kitchen scales.
Is gold jewellery worth more than scrap?
Gold jewellery is almost always worth less than other gold scrap items like gold coins.
This is because jewellery is usually melted down for consolidation or repurposing, whereas gold coins can be resold in their existing form as the item itself has value beyond its gold content. When it comes to gold coins, rare coin collectors and bullion buyers are interested in the value of the item itself, not just the gold content.
Why sell to Cash4Gold-Now?
Here at Cash4Gold-Now, we have over 50 years of experience as gold valuers and buyers in the UK. Our extensive knowledge and expertise in the industry allow us to provide the most friendly, fair and efficient online gold buyer service available. We understand that selling your gold can be a significant decision and we are here to help you get the best price for your precious metal.
One of the reasons why Cash4Gold-Now stands out from the competition is our commitment to customer satisfaction. We encourage you to browse our glowing Trustpilot reviews to see how we have helped thousands of customers get the best prices for their gold.
With more than 7,500 reviews and an impressive average rating of 4.8 stars, we have earned the trust of our happy customers. In fact, 92% of our reviewers give us a 5-star rating, consistently describing our service as speedy, efficient and easy.
These positive reviews reflect our commitment to providing a seamless and trustworthy experience. When it comes to selling your gold, Cash4Gold-Now offers a combination of expertise, fair pricing and excellent customer service. We have a proven track record of helping our customers get the best prices for their gold.
Trust our experience, browse our Trustpilot reviews and join the thousands of satisfied customers who have chosen Cash4Gold-Now as their trusted gold buyer. Click here to get started selling your scrap gold for cash.